Full Grant Proposal Application Guidelines
Full Grant proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria and peer-reviewed.
The proposal evaluation criteria are established by the Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation specifically:
1. Rationale: the degree to which the proposed activity addresses an issue, problem, or opportunity in relationship to Healing Touch.
2. Scientific or professional merit: the degree to which the activity will advance the body of scientific knowledge regarding Healing Touch.
3. Qualifications and past record of investigators: degree to which investigators are qualified by education, training, and/or experience to execute the proposed activity.
4. Proposals involving human subjects require review and approval from the Institutional Review Board of the facility where the project will be conducted.
The following information must be included in full grant proposals. No proposal will be reviewed until a complete packet has been received and arrives by the specific Grant deadline.
A single PDF document with the following sections must be double spaced, with 1-inch margins and 12 point Times New Roman font. Narrative should be of 2-5 double-spaced pages, in the order designated below. Failure to comply with any of the formatting specifications above may result in automatic dismissal of your application without review.
A. Purpose of Grant
- Statement of needs/ problems to be addressed; description of target population and how they will benefit
- Mission Statement, if available
- Description of project goals and objectives and statement as to whether this is a new or ongoing request
- Plans to accomplish the goals and objectives (Research proposals must include descriptions of methodology and plans for data analysis.)
- Timetable for implementation
- List of names, qualifications (or resume), and job description of researchers or service providers in the project
- Other organizations, if any, participating in the project and their roles
- Long-term strategies for continued funding of this project at the end of the grant period
- Plans for evaluation, including how success will be defined and measured
- How evaluation results will be used and/or disseminated and, if appropriate, replicated
- A detailed budget, be specific and justify each item or category
- Overhead costs should be identified and included in the budget
- Funding received from other foundations, corporations, and other sources to which this proposal has been submitted
- 1-3 letters of support
- Supporting documentation of the organization's program, if available
- Sponsor Invitation or Letter for Healing Touch Service Project
- Copy of the informed consent form for Healing Touch Services
- Copy of Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval
E. Terms of Funding
- Submit quarterly Progress Reports, due 2 weeks following the end of the quarter
- Submission of photos semi-annually with reports and with final summary
- A final summary is required 30 days after completion of the project
- Receipts will be required
General Application Information
- Proposals must be submitted by the following deadlines:
General Grants: March 31, May 31, August 31 and December 31
Please do not send video or audio tapes, binders or notebooks.
- The Foundation will acknowledge receipt of your proposal and will request additional information if necessary.
- Foundation provides notice within two weeks of final review of each Grant category. The review is completed within sixty days of the deadline date.
Proposals should be sent to the following address:
Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation, Inc.
18126 Spellbrook Drive
Houston, TX 77084